Monday, November 11, 2013

Sorry for the Bye Week

So I’ll admit it’s been a while. Since my NBA Predictions the NBA has begun and the Indiana Pacers have out hoosierd the entire league by starting 8-0. I was in the hospital for a small bowel obstruction on my small intestine more than likely caused by an adhesion that produced due to prior surgery on my stomach back when I was 13. Yeah, I thought the same thing, it’s been 10 years and finally this happens? After all the nights I drank to oblivion, ate 7-Eleven food like it was my job (funny, I actually worked their), and was under constant stress through high school and college? It decides to happen now? I’d say put that in the win column. But I’m out of the hospital now and let me jump on my soap box for a second. NG Tubes. If you like them, seriously get yourself checked into a mental institution. Getting them put in only makes taking them out feel like popping a molly at your first party (let me be clear, I’ve never taken molly, but I know it creates the ultimate feelings of euphoria). What got me through this tragic time of my stomach hurting and my nose inflamed from the NG Tube? I thought of the dedication of Derrick Rose, an athlete who has gone through so much trauma compared to my own life and thought about his perspective and the way he approaches everything in life; Professional, Humble, Determined. Derrick Rose is PHD all day, and that was what got me through this tough blip in my life. So now that I’m back on a liquid diet till thanksgiving and ready to breakdown the last two weeks in sports with a wink and a nod to the troops, let’s get this blog on the road.

Boston Strong won the Fall classic, Ortiz made it illegal to pitch to him in the lower 48 states with his .688 batting average in the World Series, may I remind you of how utterly stupid that number is? Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Ty Cobb, you name it, couldn’t shake their magic stick at the stat. Oh and he also had a 1.900+ OPS to go along with it which makes his .688 even more stupid. Let’s just say this guy wasn’t just hot, he went dumb in the batter’s box. The only real question you should ask yourself is how the hell did this guy keep getting pitched too whenever he stood in the batter’s box? St. Louis needs to seriously fire some people and make their pitchers run laps till they report back to camp because after the guy hits everything dished out to him, you need to walk him in nearly every situation, even if Babe Ruth is standing in the on deck circle. David Ortiz, all I can say is wow, but I’m more or less looking at the Cardinals and thinking, “Really?” either put up four fingers or bean Big Papi because putting anything near the strike zone was ridiculous after Game 3.

The NBA began on the 30th of October and the first 2 weeks have been scintillating. Derrick Rose hit a game winner on Halloween, the Lakers are playing better than last season, the Thunder are still overrated, and the Spurs still look like they are going to win 50+ games once again. But, the Pacers are truthfully the story so far. 8-0 heading into Tuesday with no sign of slowing up and with their new superstar in Paul George taking the NBA by storm… let’s just say it’s been a damn good first couple weeks. It’s still early, but the excitement is in the air and the NBA at this point as become ten-fold more entertaining than a majority of the NFL matchups the past couple weeks.

Speaking of football, how about the NCAA landscape? You have 4 legitimate undefeated teams in Alabama, Florida State, Ohio State and Baylor and they are still don’t have a playoff. What a perfect year to do so but unfortunately the rich wigs want to figure out one more BCS buster where somehow they will get the SEC another national championship. I’m all about the matchups in the college game, NCAA football will unfortunately have another failed season on their hands if they have 4 undefeated (bowl eligible) teams heading into the bowl season.

The NFL is now just past their midway point in the regular season which couldn’t have come slow enough. This season for some reason has been relatively crappy with how some of the primetime games have had dud matchups and expectations smashed seemingly every week. This has been a really weird year in the NFL, maybe it’s because I’ve been so right in my predictions. The Seahawks, Broncos, and Chiefs have done so well this season and it’s looking like the two best teams are clearly the two teams I picked to go to the Super Bowl (Seahawks, Broncos) and then there is everybody else along with the Chiefs. We’ll see who’s more for real next week with the Broncos and Chiefs facing off which could be game of the year, but for now just past the halfway point, it’s looking pretty predictable. Or maybe it’s just because my Vikings suck absolute donkey doo and I’m waiting for Johnny Football at my doorstep to report for duty… hahaha duty and donkey doo… sounds about right.

The Incognito story isn’t sports news, it’s the equivalent of a fat ass baby and a Stanford graduate getting involved in a playground bantering debate that unfortunately the likes of the sports world can’t get enough. Let me jump on this quickly before I sign off, any of you who find this news worthy need to get your testies tried and your boobies felt up for tumors because this story is absolutely pointless. I find bullying a childhood problem not a grown man dispute. Yes, it should be brought up and told to the kids as an example of what not to do, but these are grown men where the media is making the situation seem ten times worse than it really is, shocking right? It’s not a sports story even though it revolves around the sporting culture. If anyone is shocked at how the locker room culture is today in the NFL after hearing through this story, then you really need to just go back to your personal manicure lady and stay out of this industry.


On one last note before I play some NBA 2K14, the NCAA Basketball season has begun and won’t be relevant till January, Byeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment