Sunday, May 11, 2014

Hot Air Express; NFL Draft 2014

Did you get your fill?


I mean there was about 3 months of overwhelming hype to get prepared for this 7 round merry go round where us imposter draft experts think we know where everybody is going to go and why. Let's be honest though, we can't really grade this draft till 2016.


I'm going to take a moment to think about all the people who said anything about how these players are going to perform in the NFL.


....


Here's my next question, how do you know that?


I don't talk about the outcome of the draft and how players will turn out anymore especially with how the Super Bowl Champions this year had countless undrafted free agents help take a championship to Seattle. So why speculate when you can sit back and wait to see what happens?


I find it fascinating with all the intrigue going into the draft every single year and a year later, there is no talk of the previous draft. I don't remember who went #1 in 2013. Some OL that went to the Chiefs? Ok. It's all hype and zero substance for a majority of the 7 rounds presented by Radio City Music Hall.


Let's be honest for a quick second, the only real thing that Radio City Music Hall hosts when it comes to sports, is when the NCAA hands out the Heisman Trophy in December. Outside of that, they host a litany of college football players with their names being read off of cards of where they will go.


I will say that the first round is relatively entertaining, but if you actually sat around and watched day 2 & 3 of the draft, I have to question your dedication to life because I'm a Vikings fan and that should tell you something.


It's all hot air, and the express line started the week after the Super Bowl, thank god it's over and I can finally watch sports shows revolving around day baseball and the NBA Playoffs.


See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment