Monday, November 3, 2014

The Brow is Ballin'!

So earlier this weekend I looked at myself in the mirror and saw that I had a minor unibrow forming. I looked at it while simultaneously looking at the stats Anthony Davis had put up the night before, I found myself becoming proud of my lack of up keeping in the brow region of my face. I then recognized that I'm not an NBA superstar in the making, and shaved it off rather quickly before anybody could comment throughout the day.

Superstar in the making? Yeah right, he's one right now. Anthony Davis is a Center for the New Orleans Pelicans and with the way he played this summer, it definitely carried over into this first full week of the season and it's not just bright, it's glaring for attention that is needed throughout the media today.

He is in his early 20's and is already in the elite category when it comes to the legends playing the game right now and he'll be the face of he NBA in a couple of years... Maybe even by the end of this season. This guy is so good that I needed to write about him and give him the props he deserves because I'm picking him to win the MVP in the NBA this season.

Only a week into the season, this guy is playing 40 minutes a game, putting up 29 points a game, grabbing 16 rebounds on average, averaging 6 blocks, and shooting 75% from the free throw line. You talk about a force in the paint we haven't seen since the likes of Shaq, you're looking at the closest thing since. I'm not trying to discount Tim Duncan, or any other good big man in the league right now, but this Anthony Davis guy is only 21 years old and is just getting started.

If this guy can gather the talent around him (which he seems to be doing slowly in New Orleans) and find a way to make more and more appearances in the postseason down the road, the title chances will be there for the taking. He deserves more praise than what the media is throwing his way and, in a sense, you could say he's been Tim Duncan like with how quietly he is putting up his numbers away from the major media market games.

But, don't get it twisted, when this guy is on, he makes the gym absolutely buzz. He's been the biggest force in the NBA in this early 2014-15 season and we got a loooooong way to go.

I'm excited to be writing weekly once again, and be prepared for some major topic blogs coming up weekly on Monday nights from here to come!

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment