Sunday, May 19, 2013

I Graduated From College Today!

Well, today I graduated from college and I can say that I was part of the biggest graduating department in the school. Psychology. I am a psychology graduate, 1 of the 77 in the Class of 2013 at the University of Puget Sound. I have a job, I have no debt, and I'll be writing my next blog while in Kentucky seeing my dad's side of the family for the first time in 4 years. It will be the first time in 20+ years for my mother and it will be a huge shock for her, but I know she will love it. Anyways... I know nobody wants to congratulate me on this momentous time in my life, but let's get to more important things than this silly life stepping stone. SPORTS!!!

How about that Bruins/Maple Leafs game? The Bruins were down by 3 going into the final 10 minutes of the game and pulled one out of their butt to get a 5-4 victory in OT of a Game 7 in hockey! I didn't see the game, but the comeback was so big that non-sports people were chiming in with me on how intense the game was. Other than that I still don't care about hockey. Canucks are out. You know I will be covering the Stanley cup though!

Salty NFL news happened this week. Bruce Irvin got suspended for the first four games of the NFL season with doing more drugs to boost his abilities, Rolando McClain retired before his career even got started, and Titus Young got arrested on numerous occasions. Funny story (especially with graduation this weekend for me), I ran a 60 meter Prelim against Titus Young while I was on the University of Puget Sound track team when we went to a meet in Boise Idaho my sophomore year of college. He destroyed me obviously, but I would say that my life choices have been mildly stellar than his in the past 2+ years since that race.

In the NBA news, Seattle was left in the dust once again on a 22-8 vote to keep the Kings officially in Sacramento. Props need to go to Sacramento considering they did what they did to meet the NBA's requirements to keep the team. From a Seattle perspective, it is very easy to view this as another shafting from the business perspective especially for the Seattle group. Eventually it will come Seattle. It just might take awhile with Stern at the helm. Oklahoma City also got knocked out on the same day Seattle got jobbed from getting another team. Take that Clay Bennett. I'm not even going to waste my breath on the Kobe and Jordan discussion because let's be honest people, MJ has Kobe beat by a couple furlongs. The Conference Finals are set now, let's get the real party started! Memphis, San Antonio, Miami, and Indiana should all be great!

David Beckham retired, didn't I already blog about this? Either way it's official now. Now nothing can be
built like him anymore. Oxbow also won the Preakness, meaning another year of no triple crown winner.

In baseball news, other than Bryce Harper face planting on Monday, the quarter poll is here! Yankees, Indians and Rangers all lead their divisions in the American League... another sign that it is still early. In the National League, Atlanta, St. Louis and Arizona all lead their divisions... let's break these down at the midway poll and see if they hold up. Here's to the first 41 games of the season, now it's time to go head strong towards the All-Star break.

That's all I got, I got adult life to get to and graduating stuff to attend, Oh, and if you haven't checked out my sports collage of the best pictures of 2012, here it is CLICK HERE!!! It took me about 5+ months to put together with all the pictures from Sports Illustrated. Have a great week everybody! I'll be blogging from Louisville next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment