Monday, July 7, 2014

That 4th of July though

I had one of the best 4th of July weekends that I can remember. I played some softball, went to a wedding and got ridiculously sick in the process. But on my Sunday, I felt great and enjoyed a family fire pit at my new place. America... F*** Yeah.

But you know who didn't get to enjoy their 4th of July, Johnny Manziel.

O.K. America, I love you and you know that I understand your criticism of him, but at the same time didn't we just get off of a weekend to enjoy our 238th year of independence as a nation... And we are here criticizing this guy for taking a picture with Bieber and Mayweather. Look, again, I understand his criticism but it's a freaking picture, and it was the 4th of July Weekend! Where does this rank on the crazy level for our American Psyche?

If it were a weekend in August or definitely in September I might have more to say on this topic, but do you know how many people I know at my age (23) or younger, and even older, were out drinking till the sun came up again, let's just say there were a lot of NFL players doing it too.

I'm not going to dive into this because of how insane it is to divulge into. The fact that we are criticizing a 21 year old who is partying on the 4th of July weekend is absolute blasphemy, and for any of us to make comments should be considered ignorance and insanity at its finest. "Oh, he's a professional athlete who hangs out with celebrities and drinks on American holidays? We gotta find a way to rip him!" WHAT!!!

No, I'm not going there.

I'll wait till next week to break down real sports topics as we'll see how the NBA landscape changes.

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment